StudCo Representative Vacancy – We need one representative for the undergraduate student council.
New Student Handbook – Interest in organizing a new graduate student handbook, which would be handed out to new students and uploaded to GSASC website?
· We will soon need help organizing sections of the document.
· If your department already has similar information, please forward to Ben.
· Huskey Date Change – New date: March 23rd. If your department has an event/conference around this time, please let us know so we can avoid scheduling conflicts.
· External Award FAQ – Received final exits from the committee, will soon be posted on the GSASC website.
· Sexual Misconduct White Paper Update – We are recommending that TAs get in-person training on how the new policy affects them. We are also still collecting feedback for the sexual misconduct module (please send to Stephanie).
· Health Insurance Coverage – We are comparing our health policy to other universities. We’ll also gather information from the national SAGE meeting.
· Three Notch’d Beer Tasting, 10/13 (7-10pm), may also include a food truck.
· Halloween Party, 10/30 (8-10:30pm), costume contest – we are looking for businesses that may be interested in donating prizes.
· Interest in a Winter Formal this year?
· Funding Requests
o Three Notch’d (Internal) $500 - approved
o Halloween Party (Internal) $300 - approved
o Classics Colloquium (External) $400 - approved
o QueerGrads Halloween Party (External) $100 - approved
· Proposed Sanctions form Microbiome Interest Group – the group missed the application deadline, their event didn’t conform to GSASC standards (it was a closed event), and we haven’t heard about their requested reimbursement since the event 7 weeks ago.
o Request to retract funding of $75 - approved
Next Meeting: Monday, Nov. 2nd, 6pm, Newcomb Gallery