Minutes from June 1, 2015
· Professional Development Co-Chair
· Judiciary Committee Representative
· SAGE Representative – however, funding is currently questionable for a UVA national representative.
· July Meeting Date: Mon 7/13 Newcomb Gallery
· August Meeting Date: Mon 8/3 South Meeting Hall
GSAS Orientation - August 18th:
· Volunteers needed:
· 26 volunteers for the luncheon (12 – 1:30pm)
· 6-9 volunteers to check IDs for wine and cheese (4-6pm)
· Social Committee:
o Finals Coffee Break Recap – Came in under budget, roughly 35 people attended. Perhaps find a more identifiable location for future coffee breaks. Make sure department representatives forward emails about events.
o Bowling Event Recap – Very successful, 96 people attended (budgeted for 60). Plan for a larger budget for future bowling events.
§ We may want to consider some sort of ID checking for arts and sciences graduate students.
o No June/July social events
o We went slightly over budget this year. Outstanding reimbursements for this year will be taken out of next year’s budget.
· Initiatives Committee:
o Sexual Misconduct White Paper – Incorporated changes that we thought would benefit graduate students, along with comments from a forum after the Rolling Stone article.
§ The re-write of the policy should clarify responsibilities of TAs.
· Ex. when is a TA acting as a friend rather than an employee of the university?
§ Comments are appreciated on the new draft (through email). Please send comments by the end of this week (June 5th).
§ Next, the finalized version will be sent to university deans.
Next Meeting: Monday, July 13th, 6pm, Newcomb Gallery