Guidelines for Spending GSASC Funds
As a UVA Special Status Organization, Grad Council can only fund certain types of expenditures. There are also specific expenditures that MUST be paid for in a certain way to conform to University guidelines. The list below should serve as a quick reference guide to these regulations. For a full list of expenditure guidelines, reference the University Financial Guidelines.
Types of Expenditures:
- Fundable Expenses:
- Disposable Goods
- Printing/Copying Services
- Examples of "services" include security, music, tech support, web hosting, driving, manned transportation, space rental, etc.
- All "services" must be paid by PO or PTAO
- Expenses that are NOT Fundable by GSASC:
- Speaking Fees
- Hard Goods
- Pay and Wages
- Paid Media Advertising
Types of Providers:
- Expenditures from a UVA-Internal Vendor
- These expenditure types MUST be paid for by PTAO (like a UVA Bank Account Number). Reimbursements cannot be processed for these expenditures.
- Expenditures from a UVA-External, eVA Registered (or AmericaToGo registered) Vendor
- These expenditures MUST be paid for by PO (Purchase Order) or PTAO. Reimbursements cannot be processed for these expenditures.
- Expenditures from a UVA-External, non-eVA Registered Vendor
- Reasonable efforts should be made to encourage these vendors to become eVA registered. Contact Anthony Sparacino for details on how to register new vendors.
- If vendors are unwilling to register with eVA, a reimbursement can be processed up to $500. Contact Anthony Sparacino for reimbursements that total over $500.