February General Body Meeting
Monday, Feb. 1st 2016
6 PM Newcomb Gallery
Welcome and Introductions:
· Reminder- March Meeting on 3/14
· GSASC and Ex-Officio Elections in April
o Formal solicitations will occur at March meeting
· Honor Elections and Changes to Honor System- Olivia Sabik
o Honor nominations for a GSASC representative occur through Ben Vaughn, which are needed in the next month.
o Honor is considering changing UVA’s single sanction policy. University-wide elections will occur next month. Graduate students are encouraged to vote in the election…please vote.
· Initiatives Committee –Brynn Cook and Dionisios Kavadias
o Student Health Coverage – waiting to receive healthcare data from SAGE.
o Module Feedback White Paper- Final draft of feedback has been finished, will be sent to exec committee.
o Brynn is gone until May, so we need a volunteer to cover her chair position. She was in charge of soliciting feedback on student healthcare coverage.
· Research Committee –Cory Weller and Mike Laforest
o Judge Recommendations – Committee is soliciting GSASC for recommendations for quality judges. Please email Cory or Mike with recommendations.
o Flyer Distribution- Flyers are printing, and will be distributed to reps this week.
· Professional Development Committee –Angela Zeigler and Jennifer McDaniels
o GradDays Schedule Update – March 21 – 26, schedule will be posted on GSASC website.
o T-Shirt Design Contest- Contest will be held with the bookstore in the next week weeks.
· Social Committee –Nick Rich and Akin Odeleye
o Winter Formal Recap- well attended, no snags
o No events in February
· Finance Committee –Kristin Connor and Tony Boese
o Funding Requests (4):
o External: GBS Symposium ($400 – approved), Debate Tournament ($60 – approved)
o Internal: Huskey Research Exhibition($1850 – approved)
o Not heard by committee: IM Request ($60 – approved)
Next Meeting: Monday, March 14th, 6 PM`, Newcomb Gallery