- Meeting convened in the Newcomb Hall Back Room at 6 pm
Reports and Old Business
* Happ Hour: $400. passes unanimously
Elections will be held next meeting
* Chemistry Lecture: $350. passes unanimously
* GBS Bus to Foxfield: motion to not fund. passes unainmously
* Grad Week Event: fund up to $500 for event on the Range. passes unanimously
* Motion to confirm Eric Merkel. Approved unanimously
* Motion to confirm Emily Charnock. Approved unaimously
* Activity fair likely not happening
- 28 March: Huskey Exhibition
- 29 March: "Research" Focus
- 30 March: "Teaching and Career"
- 31 March: "Living"
Officers / Chairs / Special Representatives
* Graduate connections email will go out tomorrow. Please submit discussion items.
Life Commitee / 1st VP
* There are concerns the Back Room graduate student space is under-utilized. There was open discussion on why this was the case. It was pointed out that the room isn't reservable and so can't be used for TA space or holding class-related events. Also, the space is not located near most GSAS departments.
* See above budget requests
* Draught Revisions is an informal happy hour style get together.
* Wine tour: Planned for April, details to come.
* There were 110 applications to present research at Huskey.
Student Council Rep
* Space is slightly limited this year, so will need to see how many presenters can be accomodated.
* If there is a lack of judges in certain areas, departments will be encouraged to provide additional judges or risk fewer accepted presentations.
* There is an 18 month renovation ongoing at Newcomb hall.
Student Health Insurance
* Safe walk program: Similar to Safe Ride, someone will meet you and walk with you. Same phone number as Safe Ride.
* There is an open forum on 29 March to discuss issues related to UVa Grounds.
* $1000 scholarships are available from StudCo, see their website for more information.
* There was an 8.1% increase in health insurance rates for 2011-2012. This was approved by the Board of Visitors.
* Co-pays increase by $5.
* Deductible for prescriptions at the pharmacy is now $100.
* If the deductible hadn't been increased "non-preferred" drugs would not have been covered in the future.
* Student election results will be announced in Jefferson Hall, hotel C.
* Please fill out the survey about contacting departments.
* If there are more people interested in working with GSASC than there are available voting positions, establish a named non-voting title for others.
* Information about the GSASC restruction is not coming out in a consistent way. Work on a town hall to meet with administrators. More info to come.
data-preserve-html-node="true" require"footer.php" ?>