- Meeting convened in the Newcomb Hall Back Room at 6 pm
Reports and Old Business
* Happy Hour (McGrady's, 22 April): $400. passes unanimously
* Wine Tour: $383.25 for the bus (trip is already full and has a waitlist). passes unanimously
* Advertising for GSASC Restructuring Town Hall. $100, passes unanimously.
* First Harmonics Spring Concert: $450 for sound equipment, passes unanimously.
* GBS Spring Symposium. $700 to cover expenses not including food. passes unanimously.
Officers / Chairs / Special Representatives
* Graduate connections email will go out tomorrow. Please submit discussion items.
* Send George (gcp8y at virginia) your name, email, and department so the GSASC website can be updated.
* See above budget requests
Student Council Rep
* 07 April: Transgender forum in Clark hall
* 10 - $1000 scholarships are available. Applications are due 18 April
* The University is in the middle of a campaign to increase the amount of money that can be spent per undergraduate student (from $8k/year to $24k/year).
There was discussion on some restructuring of the exec board to address workload issues this year. There was a general consensus that the VP positions should be separated from committee positions, and the VP positions should be more active in supporting the President. There appeared to be a sufficient number of people willing to put in 30 min/week for GSASC that it would be feasible to create additional positions with lighter workloads.
* Motion to separate Life Committee duties from the 1st VP position. Seconded and passed unanimously
* Mike Schreck nominated.
1st Vice President
* Ilon Weeldreyer nominated.
* Mike S. declines nomination.
* Ilon running unopposed, selected as President.
* Mike S. nominated, withdrawn.
2nd Vice President
* George Privon nominated. running unopposed, selected as 1st VP.
* Mike S. nominated, running unopposed, selected as 2nd VP.
* Mike Dillon nominated, running unopposed, selected as Treasurer.
* Co-chairs: Elizabeth Ladner and Crystal Richardson
* Co-chairs: Stephanie Demperio and Tanwa (Oat) Arpornthip
Huskey (Research) Committee
* Co-chairs: Shawn Fahl and Evan Joslin
Student Health Insurance Committee
University Judiciary Committee
* 2 positions available: Kosta Popovic and Madison Stellfox
* 2 positions available: Dave Hondula and Shaili Shah
data-preserve-html-node="true" require"footer.php" ?>