Huskey Research Exhibition 2015 Presenter Information
- Presentations should be for a GENERAL audience! You will not necessarily be judged by someone in your specific discipline
- If you cannot attend your assigned presentation time please inform the committee by March 16, 2015 to request rescheduling. We regret that we cannot accommodate any subsequent changes.
- Example judging evaluation forms are available online.
- Opening Remarks will take place at 9am in the Newcomb Hall South Meeting Room..
- The Keynote Address and Awards Ceremony will take place at 4 pm (also in South Mtg.).
- A list of awardees will be listed on gradcouncil.com by Thursday March 26th.
- Cash awards will be given to top presenters in each session (based on faculty evaluations).
- All presenters will receive evaluations within 3 weeks through messenger mail.
- Prize winners will receive monetary awards via direct deposit by May 31st, although loans and holds on accounts can delay this process.
- As not all students have access to poster printing resources, printed versions of slides may be used in place of a large-scale poster and will be judged without penalty.
- Optional poster drop-off is available on Sunday, March 22nd from 5–7pm in Newcomb Hall 360.
- Your poster will be judged by two faculty members who may not be in your specific discipline.
- Poster tableau board dimensions are 8 feet wide x 4 feet high (maximum dimensions).
- Poster presenters should be prepared to discuss their work with evaluators within a 15-minute timeframe, as faculty and peer evaluators are expected to review multiple posters during the session
- In order to qualify for monetary prizes, all poster presenters must complete 3 peer evaluations and return the forms to the check in table.
- Presentations should not exceed 12 minutes. 3 additional minutes will be allocated for questions.
- A Collab site has been created for uploading presentations; all participants should have access to the site (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this is not the case)
- Please upload your presentation to the Collab site at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your session using the following file name convention: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.pptx (or pdf, ppt, etc.)
- If you would like to bring your presentation on a flash drive or other media, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- A laser pointer will be provided
- A faculty member and/or event organizer will coordinate the timing within each session to ensure presenters complete their talks within the 12 minute limit.
- UVa has a wealth of resources with helpful presentation tips, including: