March General Body Meeting
Monday, Mar. 14th 2016
6 PM Newcomb Gallery
· One Less Presentation- Itiya Aneece
o Group that advocates against sexual violence. Offer presentations to help dispel myths associated with sexual violence. Provide resources for survivors. Please contact Itiya if you are interested in a One Less presentation for your organization.
· Call for Nominations- All GSASC Council Positions and StudCo representatives
o Please email Ben Vaughn if you are interested in GSAS positions (self-nominations are allowed). We also need a StudCo representative.
· Elimination of VP Operations Position
o Operations position will be incorporated into other positions. Vote for approval will be held next month.
· Changes to Ex-Officio Election
o Honor and UJC elections will now be held in March (due to scheduling issues)
· SchedulingHonor Committee Referenda- Olivia Sabik
o Amendment to single sanction honor system did not pass.
o However, an independent review system will assess our current honor system.
· Honor Committee Elections- Olivia Sabik (re-elected), Sean Chadwick, Stephanie Roe (elected)
· UJC Elections- Debi Luzader (re-elected) and CJ Anderson (re-elected)
· Research Committee –Cory Weller and Mike Laforest
o Flyer Distribution
o Please help spread the word about the exhibition
· Professional Development Committee –Angela Zeigler and Jennifer McDaniels
o GradDays Schedule Update – see finalized schedule online.
o T-Shirt Design Contest – T-shirts are spiffy this year.
o Volunteers Needed – please sign up to help check IDs etc.
· Social Committee –Nick Rich and Akin Odeleye
o St. Patrick’s Day celebration at Kardinal Hall, 3/20, 5-8 PM
· Finance Committee –Kristin Connor and Tony Boese
o Funding Requests (17):
§ Politics Department Student Conference ($400) – approved
§ Classics Grad Student Colloquium ($200) – approved
§ National Health Institute Symposium ($400) – reapply next month
§ Biosciences Career Panel ($400) – approved
§ Biosciences Spring Symposium ($200) – approved
§ Pan European Conference ($400) – approved
§ UVA Bioethics Debate ($400) – approved
§ St. Patrick’s Day Celebration ($600) – approved
§ Huskey Research Exhibition ($600) – approved
§ Post-GradDays Wind Down at St. Martaans ($200) – approved
§ Dissertation Speed Dating ($110) – approved
§ Crozet Pizza Party ($697.11) – approved
§ Barbeque ($1000) – approved
§ Three Notch’d Beer Tasting ($500) – approved
§ Collonade Wine and Cheese ($500) – approved
§ Academic Interview Panel ($150) – approved
Next Meeting: Monday, April 4th, 6 PM, Newcomb Gallery