June General Body Meeting,
Monday June 13th 2016
6 PM Newcomb Gallery
Welcome and Council Matters
· President Tony: Will compare to other schools. Suggestions for editing? Anything needs to be written somewhere?
· GSASC Answer: no
· Ben: Maybe make a note of executive committee jobs—not formally amending it but say provisional no vp of ops---but will vote next year
II. Office of Presidency
· Tony is leaving program
· But president doesn’t have to be a student
· cant be a voting member
· Nomination: co-chair for professional development (Irene, Neuroscience)…nominated by Ben Vaughn
· Motion to elect: seconded (Akin)
· All in favor: YAY! Unanimous consent. The yays have it.
· Will the September meeting be on Labor Day?
· August GSASC orientation: luncheon? Specific departments or everyone is needed? Split up disciplines? Ben will send out the e-mail. Wine & cheese is still staying the same.
· Did not go over budget this year!
· Ben: next year’s budget? In past discussed budget in July, approve in August.